2017 trips have all been planned. Check back for announcements concerning 2018 trips.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us: info@MajiHope.org.
Items needed ASAP:
1.Fill out online application and get references to also fill out application on your behalf. Once approved, please supply us with the following items.
2. $200 (non-refundable) deposit per person to hold your spot.
3. Copy of your passport or copy of your passport application.
$3600 per person (This includes $2800 plane ticket, plus all food, lodging, travel and safari while in Tanzania.)
Due Dates For Money and Times for Meetings:
· $200 Deposit Due December 31, 2015
MANDATORY TEAM RETREAT – FEBRUARY 19-21
· $1000 Due March 13, 2016 @ 4:30 at Fairhope Intermediate School
· $1500 Due April 3, 2016 @ 4:30 at Fairhope Intermediate School
· $900 Due May 1, 2016 @ 4:30 at Fairhope Intermediate School
Final meetings will be weekly. Dates and Times TBA.
Trip Dates will be finalized after my January 7-22 trip to Africa.
Location: We will be staying in a rural village outside Arusha, Tanzania. We will fly into the Kilimanjaro airport and go out from there by bus.
What will we be doing?
-During the day, we will be visiting local schools, helping at the well site; working with local women doing whatever is needed, working with the local churches, going hut to hut, etc. Once our villages have been chosen, we will find out what their needs are and how we can help. Girls on the team will take turns cooking (as is the custom there) and cleaning up after each meal. Manual labor is also a possibility as the 2014 summer project is a HUGE one requiring the clearing of some areas and the laying of pipe for the water system.
-At night, we will be going out with the Jesus Film Teams to show the film. Usually 3 or 4 people go with each team. Every person will have the chance to do this. Those left at the campsite will be a part of the Jesus Film showing there.
-At the end of the trip, we will leave to go on safari at the Tarangire National Park. It will make you marvel at our creator.
Please refer to the CDC website for shots appropriate for Tanzania.
We will be working in partnership with the organization Here’s Life Mission Africa. (More than 2.1 million people accepted Jesus through this ministry last year.) We will be with their native Jesus film teams at all times and will always be in groups.
Help us out on social media! Getting the word out through Facebook, Instagram and Twitter helps us gain more support. More support means more wells. Sometimes people become interested just because people comment about Maji Hope on their social sites.
Fundraising for Wells:
· Over the next few months, most everyone will be working hard fundraising for their trip expense. However, each team member is expected to participate in fundraising for the water project as well. Please connect us with your church, VBS, civic groups, Bible Study, school, etc. We need your help!
· Think outside the box: Last summer, we had a great experience doing a car wash during 2 church services at a local church. It was a creative “out of the box idea” where church members dropped off their car keys to us on the way in and our teams washed their cars and had them ready at the end of the service.
ITEMS YOU ARE EXPECTED TO READ PRIOR TO THE TRIP:
1. The Gospel of Luke
2. The Hole In Our Gospel by Richard Sterns